Tender Turkey Meatballs Recipe
"I changed one of my recipes to come up with this healthier version," explains Jane Thoma of Monroe, Michigan. "Whether offered as appetizers, packed cold for picnics or served over spaghetti at dinner, these moist marjoram-seasoned meatballs are well-received."
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 5 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 30 balls, about 1 in. each. Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until juices run clear; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Transfer meatballs to a large saucepan; add spaghetti sauce. Heat through. Drain spaghetti; top with meatballs and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tender Turkey Meatballs in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p62
Reviews for Tender Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2009
"I thought they were a little bland. They need something to jazz them up a little."