Tender Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Pan-fry, grill or broil until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 163 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Tender Turkey Burgers
"These are delicious! I used ground up seasoned croutons in place of the bread crumbs, and garlic salt instead of plain salt. I would take these over beef hamburgers anyday!Debbie Mansur"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.