Tender Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Pan-fry, grill or broil until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger (calculated without bun) equals 163 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Tender Turkey Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.