"These juicy, tender patties on whole wheat buns make a wholesome, satisfying sandwich," relates field editor Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky. "We especially like to grill them."
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tender Turkey Burgers in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p17
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tender Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review