- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 bottles (10 ounces each) chili sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) grape jelly
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- In a large bowl, combine bread and milk. Squeeze excess milk out of bread; discard milk. To the bread, add onion, mustard seed, seasoned salt, garlic, egg, salt and pepper; crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine chili sauce, jelly and beef broth; slowly bring to a boil. Add meatballs; simmer for 30-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Tender Tangy Meatballs
Sort By :
GREAT recipe! wonderful flavor. my brothers love these meatballs! instead of spending a bunch of time browning the balls in a pan, i simply put them on a greased, foil lined baking sheet and place them in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. i also used apricot jelly instead of grape. made these meatballs two times this week!