Tender Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 198 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Tender Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.