- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Will definitely make again, pork was moist and gravy was very flavorful."
"Very good, we really liked the sauce."
"Tonight's dinner were these! Absolutely delish ~ definitey a keeper. Used 2 pork xchops only, but kept sauce ingredients same. Will let sauce cook a bit longer next time so it gets a bit thicker. Finger and plate lickin' good!!"
"This was excellent and I will absolutely be making it again. There are only two of us, so I (obviously) only used 2 pork chops. I kept the sauce ingredients the same though and prepared Arborio rice as I was out of wild rice. I served with steamed broccoli and a Rosso Coppola which is a blended wine. It was an excellent pairing. And to be able to bring in such an impressive meal in under thirty minutes (and economically as well!) puts this way up on the list of make-again! Thanks so much for submitting this!"
"This rated very well with me, my husband & my 6 year old daughter! I will be making this again!"