Tender Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 to 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 bacon strip
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit about three-fourths of the way through tenderloin; open tenderloin so it lies flat. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add bread crumbs; saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper and enough egg to moisten the ingredients.
- 3. Spread stuffing on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Close meat and place bacon on top; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 476 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Tender Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
"Instead of using the stuffing ingredients, I just microwave a box of premade stuffing. It's a lot faster and just as good!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer