Tender Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak (3/4 inch thick), cut into 6 serving size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon flour mixture over each piece of meat. Pound into meat, turn over and repeat on other side. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil.
- 2. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, reserving pan drippings. Stir remaining flour into skillet until smooth. Gradually add wine. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.