- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Thinly slice steak across the grain into strips; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, tomato juice, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add green and red peppers. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Tender Steak Fajitas
Sort By :
The flavor is okay, but the meat is too soft -- overcooked. I think I'll stick to my old stand-by that's fried.