- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak (3/4 inch thick), cut into 6 serving size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon flour mixture over each piece of meat. Pound into meat, turn over and repeat on other side. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, reserving pan drippings. Stir remaining flour into skillet until smooth. Gradually add wine. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tender Steak
Sort By :
I made this recipe years ago. I got it from a post on the recipe side and I never realized it had been published in one of the earlier Reiman magazines. It is very colorful and tasty.