Tender Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
This is one of my favorite creations that I'm happy to share with you. These pork chops cooked in cider are so tender you can cut them with a fork.Jim Wick, Orlando, Florida
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot buttered noodles, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, mustard, pepper and allspice; dredge pork chops, reserving remaining flour mixture.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove to a 2-qt. baking dish. To the drippings, add cider, brown sugar and remaining flour mixture; cook and stir until bubbly. Arrange apples and raisins around chops; sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour cider mixture over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. If desired, combine noodles and caraway; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pork Chops in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tender Spiced Pork Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review