- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot buttered noodles, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, mustard, pepper and allspice; dredge pork chops, reserving remaining flour mixture.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove to a 2-qt. baking dish. To the drippings, add cider, brown sugar and remaining flour mixture; cook and stir until bubbly. Arrange apples and raisins around chops; sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour cider mixture over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. If desired, combine noodles and caraway; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pork Chops in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p47
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tender Spiced Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review