Tender Slow Cooker Pork Chops
These chops turn out nice and tender, and fall apart easily after being slow cooked. The tomatoey sauce is nice over rice.Lee Ann Schalk, Garfield, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to
- a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with onion, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce,
- salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture (calculated without rice) equals 398 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.