Tender Salsa Beef Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef with rice.
- 2. Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup beef mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 259 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.