Tender Salsa Beef
This is my Mexican-style twist on comfort food. To keep it kid-friendly, use mild salsa. —Stacie Stamper, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, salsa, brown sugar, soy
- sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat
- is tender. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef with rice.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup beef mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 259 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now