- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Salsa Beef
Sort By :
Really good! - Will make again!
The house smelled heavenly while it was cooking, but it didn't have much flavor when we ate. Thinking of using pork tenderloin next time, or even the burrito suggestion here.
Decent but not nearly as flavorful as I had hoped.
So easy and tasted great. Watch to make sure the meat doesn't get too dry - you may have to add liquid. Good over pasta as well as rice.
We loved this recipe in my house...so easy! Experiment with different kinds of salsa to change the flavor and the heat of this recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >