Tender Roasted Potatoes Recipe
“I made this effortless recipe for my uncle, who lives for mashed potatoes. I worried he wouldn’t like this variation, but he couldn’t stop raving about it!” Susan Burk - Saginaw, MI
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil. Place potatoes on two greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the horseradish, mustard and butter. Spoon over potatoes and toss to coat. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC