Tender Potato Rolls Recipe
Filled with wonderful hearty flavor, these rolls are a delicious accompaniment to a meal. If you like, you can shape the dough into loaves like Lisa Owens of Brighton, Tennessee does for her family. "I once baked 52 loaves and sold slices of the bread at a local fund-raiser," she details.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Set cooking liquid aside to cool to 110°-115°. Mash potato (don't add milk or butter); set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm cooking liquid. Add the honey, oil, salt, egg, 4 cups flour and mashed potato. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 7-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 94 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tender Potato Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC