Tender Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 lean boneless pork cutlets (1-1/2 pounds and 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 6 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- 1. Sprinkle pork with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter; cook pork for about 2 minutes on each side or until browned and no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 2. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard; spread on inside of buns. Layer pork, lettuce and tomatoes on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One sandwich (prepared with no-salt lemon-pepper seasoning, margarine and fat-free mayonnaise and without salt and served on a hamburger bun) equals 2 starch, 2 meat; also, 287 calories, 454 mg sodium, 45 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 20 gm protein, 10 gm fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.