Tender Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 lean boneless pork cutlets (1-1/2 pounds and 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 6 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- 1. Sprinkle pork with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter; cook pork for about 2 minutes on each side or until browned and no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 2. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard; spread on inside of buns. Layer pork, lettuce and tomatoes on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 10g fat (0g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 meat
Reviews for Tender Pork Sandwiches
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.