Tender Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Top with pork chops.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork chop mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Tender Pork Chops
"Very good and super tender. I left out the mushrooms and used about 3/4 c water to have more sauce. I served it with angel hair pasta and garlic bread."
"Delicious and tender!!! Very Quick and Easy!"
"I thought this had a great flavor and the pork really was tender. I did think that spaghetti sauce mix was a bit over powering, but still delicious. Who doesn't love a good crockpot meal!"
"This recipe is so good! My husband and son really enjoyed it. I also made this using boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the pork chops - turned out great!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.