Tender Pork Chops Recipe
“Not only is it easy to use my slow cooker, but the results are fabulous,” notes Bonnie Marlow of Ottoville, Ohio. “Meat cooked this way is always so tender and juicy. These pork chops in a thick tomato sauce turn out great.”
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Top with pork chops.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork chop mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Tender Pork Chops
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC