Tender Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Top with pork chops.
Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork chop mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Tender Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.