Tender Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
These homemade caramel rolls have the old-fashioned goodness my family craves. Tender and nutty, the buns disappear fast on Christmas.
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until combined. Pour into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 12x8-in. rectangle; brush with melted butter. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges and press into dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 5. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC