- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until combined. Pour into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 12x8-in. rectangle; brush with melted butter. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges and press into dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Tender Pecan Sticky Buns
Sort By :
"Best sticky bun recipe ever. This is a keeper. Thank you!!"
"This one of the best recipes I've run across in a long time. The only thing I changed was I increased the butter a little bit. I like butter. This is a great sticky bun recipe but it is not fast. You got to let it rise. I've got a proofing option on my oven, but it takes as much time as it needs to rise. Take the time its worth it."
"Dough rose great. The finished buns were so good. I used walnuts instead of pecans and added raisins and chopped walnuts along with the sugar mixture before rolling up the dough. This made them even more decadent!"