- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add the flour, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Tender Pecan Logs
"Love these, will make for Christmas as gift for friends"
"Love these cookies, will make for my Xmas cookies"
"I roll the warm cookies in a sugar/cinnamon mixture instead of powdered sugar."
"This is the recipe I've been looking for. It's simple & tastes divine. The cookie just melts in my mouth. Yum!"
"Very similar to pecan crescents that I make. These are easier to just roll and cut rather than shape into a crescent. Excellent taste and the kids can help roll and cut."
"This recipe is very good and easy. It taste very close to a Mexican wedding cookie. It is shaped like a log and not a circle. But you could make them round! They are easy and good and I recommend it!"