Tender Marinated Chuck Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (about 3/4 pound and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the ketchup, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tender Marinated Chuck Roast
"oops.... I forgot. I used gluten free soy sauce to make it gluten free!"
"We tripled this recipe because we had about a 3 pound roast. It was a hit! It grilled up beautifully and the taste was the perfect balance of the ingredients. It has already been asked for again!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.