Tender Marinated Chuck Roast
This marinade makes the toughest cuts of meat tender. I'm frequently asked for the recipe. It's also good with venison and elk meat.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + marinating
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (about 3/4 pound and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the ketchup, vinegar, oil, soy
- sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt and
- pepper; add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 8 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil
- 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.