Tender Marinated Chicken Breasts
I've tried other marinades for chicken, but this one is the best. It makes the meat so tender, and the flavor is great.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce, oil,
- garlic powder and horseradish; add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to
- coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with diet soda and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.