- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return pork chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tender Maple-Glazed Pork Chops
Sort By :
This was wonderfully aromatic while cooking and wow'd everyone at the table. I threw a coiuple sliced cooking apples in the sauce and served them on the side. Husband wanted to know when we get to have them again!
My family loves this recipe, including 2 small children. We double the sauce so we an serve it with mashed potatoes.
I adapted the recipe for the slow cooker even though someone else said it didn't work. I thickened the sauce with a little flour mixed in cold water and slowly mixed it into the sauce till thick. Pour over pork in slow cooker. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly how long I cooked it. Pretty sure I cooked it on low for about three hours. It was fork tender and delicious! My husband loved it too!
This recipe was fast and easy. I followed the recipe exactly and it was so savory and delicious. The chops were tender and the combination of flavors was superb. Definitley a keeper!
I made the recipe as it was written. It needs absolutely NO changes, as it's perfect. Even my picky 2 and 3 year olds ate them, and they hate meat! It will definitely be on my menu regularly.