Tender Lemon Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon peel and salt. In a small saucepan, heat sour cream, butter and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread lemon curd to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 4. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350°. Brush rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 291 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tender Lemon Rolls
"Mizzzliza, would love to have your recipe for cinnabon cinnamon rolls. Love those things!!"
"Does anyone have a good lemon curd recipe?"
"I have made these several times and they are delicious. The quality of the lemon curd is the main detail to note. The lighter the curd, the better!"
"Surprisingly easy ! Bursting with lemon flavor and perfect for Spring !"