Tender Lemon Rolls Recipe
Light and tender, these golden rolls are filled with a lemon curd sauce and lightly glazed. A sprinkle of walnuts, and you have a sweet roll that’s difficult to resist.
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon peel and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the sour cream, butter and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread lemon curd to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Tender Lemon Rolls in Country Extra May 2009, p51
Reviews for Tender Lemon Rolls(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2012
I have made these several times and they are delicious. The quality of the lemon curd is the main detail to note. The lighter the curd, the better!
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2012
Surprisingly easy ! Bursting with lemon flavor and perfect for Spring !