Tender Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a pressure cooker, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Brown the chicken, a few pieces at time, in the cooker. Return onion mixture and all chicken to pan. Add broth, water, lemon juice, parsley, celery, Italian seasoning, salt if desired and pepper. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Measure pan juice; return 1-1/2 cups to pan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tender Lemon Chicken(5)
Sort By :
I did some modifications to this recipe and it turned out great. I used the white part of two leeks instead of onions. Instead of thickening with cornstarch, I used an immersion blender to made a delicious, thick sauce from the pan juices and veggies. Finally, I finished off the sauce with a bit of butter and cream.
Can this be cooked on a regular skillet instead of a pressure cooker if you do not have one??
What if you don't have a pressure cooker...it be done in regular pan/skillet???
This sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >