Tender Herbed Chicken
"Whoever said that all chicken recipes taste the same just hasn't experimented enough," comments Margaret Shauers of Great Bend, Kansas. "For tender chicken with a refreshing herb flavor, marinate the meat overnight in this quick-to-fix yogurt mixture."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine
- the first eight ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a rack over a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 152 calories, 76 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 1 gm carbohydrate, 28 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic