Tender Herbed Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first eight ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a rack over a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tender Herbed Chicken
Sort By :
I've been looking for a way to cook chicken breasts that was easy, tasty & not dried out...I think I've found it! I modified it a bit. I only marinated it for 3 hours, substituted soy sauce for lime juice, red pepper for cayenne and did not use any aniseed. My family loved it. It's definitely a keeper!