"Whoever said that all chicken recipes taste the same just hasn't experimented enough," comments Margaret Shauers of Great Bend, Kansas. "For tender chicken with a refreshing herb flavor, marinate the meat overnight in this quick-to-fix yogurt mixture."
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first eight ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a rack over a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tender Herbed Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tender Herbed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review