Tender Herb-Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey-size oven roasting bag
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pat turkey dry; brush with oil. Sprinkle herb mixture over skin of turkey. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- 2. Place flour in oven bag and shake to coat. Place the bag in a roasting pan; add celery and onion. Place turkey, breast side up, over vegetables. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided.
- 3. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 14 servings.
8 ounces cooked meat equals 554 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 72 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer