Tender Herb Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1. Combine 1 cup water, bouillon, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; pour into a roasting pan. Add chicken; arrange potatoes, onions and carrots around it. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove the bay leaves before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Microwave Directions: In a 3-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, combine 3/4 cup water, bouillon, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves. Place chicken, breast side down, in dish. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over and arrange vegetables around it. Cover and cook at 50% power for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove bay leaves. This recipe was tested in a 700-watt microwave.
14 ounce-weight: 213 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.