Tender Herb Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1. Combine 1 cup water, bouillon, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; pour into a roasting pan. Add chicken; arrange potatoes, onions and carrots around it. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove the bay leaves before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium bouillon) equals 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 213 calories, 89 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 4 gm fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.