Tender Glazed Pork Chops
Miss Judith Wiezorek, Gainesville, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over
- pork chops. In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves,
- lemon juice and lime juice; cook and stir over low heat for 10
- minutes or until preserves are melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium-low heat
- for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chops;
- generously brush apricot glaze over cooked pork. Cook 8-10 minutes
- longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with remaining
- glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 408 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.