Tender Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over pork chops. In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves, lemon juice and lime juice; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until preserves are melted.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chops; generously brush apricot glaze over cooked pork. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining glaze.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pork chops and remaining glaze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, turning occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 408 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (30g sugars, trace fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Tender Glazed Pork Chops
"This was really good served with the Teriyaki Zucchini and Onions on the same page and Hawaiian rolls."
"Substitute boneless chicken breasts"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.