- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over pork chops. In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves, lime juice and lemon juice; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until preserves are melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chops; generously brush apricot glaze over cooked pork. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tender Glazed Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Glazed Pork Chops(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review