Tender Garlic Green Beans
Margaret Wagner Allen dresses up garden-fresh green beans in minutes, thanks to this easy microwave recipe. "The tender beans are delicious served with baked ham or grilled salmon," she writes from Abingdon, Virginia.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans, water and garlic in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover
- and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until beans are
- crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.