Tender Garlic Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
Breadsticks complements so many dishes. These tender ones pair well with Italian dishes, salads and soups. I feel that when I use bread flour instead of all-purpose the texture is lighter.—Ann Volner, Maryville, Missouri
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and milk. Add the sugar, butter, salt, baking soda and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 32 pieces. Shape each into a 4-1/2-in. rope.
- 4. Place melted butter in a shallow bowl. Place cheese in a separate shallow bowl. Dip ropes in butter then coat with cheese. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Combine Italian seasoning and garlic powder; sprinkle over breadsticks. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 32 breadsticks.
1 breadstick: 117 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Tender Garlic Cheese Breadsticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC