Tender Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 209 calories, 11g fat (0g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Tender Flank Steak
"By far my favorite flank steak recipe. This is a regular favorite in my household."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.