Tender Flank Steak
"This mildly marinated flank steak is my son's favorite," reports Gayle Bucknam of Greenbank, Washington. "I usually slice it thinly and serve it with twice-baked potatoes and a green salad to round out the meal. Leftovers are great for French dip sandwiches."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for
- 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with light soy sauce) equals 209 calories, 326 mg sodium, 59 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 11 gm fat, trace fiber. Diabetic Exchange: 3-1/2 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,