"This mildly marinated flank steak is my son's favorite," reports Gayle Bucknam of Greenbank, Washington. "I usually slice it thinly and serve it with twice-baked potatoes and a green salad to round out the meal. Leftovers are great for French dip sandwiches."
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tender Flank Steak in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p10
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tender Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2009
"By far my favorite flank steak recipe. This is a regular favorite in my household."