"This mildly marinated flank steak is my son's favorite," reports Gayle Bucknam of Greenbank, Washington. "I usually slice it thinly and serve it with twice-baked potatoes and a green salad to round out the meal. Leftovers are great for French dip sandwiches."
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tender Flank Steak in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p10
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tender Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review