Tender Crescent Rolls Recipe
My family's holiday meal consists of different soups and breads. This is one of the favorite breads during that meal.—Bonnie Myers, Callaway, Nebraska
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, sugar, shortening, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed 3 minutes until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets, point side down; curve to form crescents.
- 4. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 roll equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Tender Crescent Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC