Tender Crescent Rolls Recipe
My family's holiday meal consists of different soups and breads. This is one of the favorite breads during that meal.—Bonnie Myers, Callaway, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, eggs, sugar, shortening, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape.
- 4. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 roll equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC