Tender Crescent Rolls Recipe
My family's holiday meal consists of different soups and breads. This is one of the favorite breads during that meal.Bonnie Myers, Callaway, Nebraska
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, eggs, sugar, shortening, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Tender Crescent Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p50
Reviews for Tender Crescent Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Crescent Rolls >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >