In search of flavorful recipes for your small bread machine? Try this tender loaf from Dorothy Gilmore of Elburn, Illinois. Cinnamon and tangy dried cranberries make it perfect for cold-weather mornings or afternoon tea.
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound, 8 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p37
Reviews for Tender Cranberry Oat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review