Tender Cranberry Oat Bread Recipe
In search of flavorful recipes for your small bread machine? Try this tender loaf from Dorothy Gilmore of Elburn, Illinois. Cinnamon and tangy dried cranberries make it perfect for cold-weather mornings or afternoon tea.
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound, 8 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p37
Reviews for Tender Cranberry Oat Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review