Tender Cranberry Muffins Recipe
I always make these delicately flavored muffins for the holidays. With tart ruby cranberries peeking out and a sugar-and-spice topping, they don't last long.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Fold in sour cream. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in sour cream. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC