I always make these delicately flavored muffins for the holidays. With tart ruby cranberries peeking out and a sugar-and-spice topping, they don't last long.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Fold in sour cream. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in sour cream. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p13
Reviews for Tender Cranberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2015
"I have made these often and then lost the recipe. Searched on line until I found this one and said "yes, this is the one, because it has you folding in the sour cream in 2 different places in the recipe". This really needs to be corrected."