Tender Cranberry Chicken
Tender baked chicken gets dressed for the holidays with a chunky spiced fruit sauce in this recipe shared by field editor Linda Rock of Stratford, Wisconsin.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 334 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fruit.