Whenever I need a surefire company pleaser, I cook up these scrumptious ribs. Usually, I double or triple the recipe, since the ribs freeze well and keep their flavor when reheated. The meat's tender and tasty every time.
Recommended: Slow Cooker Superstars
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add ribs, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Remove ribs to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain liquid; skim fat. Serve sauce with ribs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Country-Style Ribs in Country Woman January/February 2001, p33
Reviews for Tender Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review