Tender Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage Recipe
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds) , cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the apple juice, bay leaf and contents of spice packet; pour over onion. Top with brisket and cabbage. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tender Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
Sort By :
I have never been a big fan of corned beef until I tried this recipe! This was the most tender and tasty corned beef I have ever had and I will be making it again BEFORE St. Patrick's Day!
Wonderful taste due to apple juice..husband was impressed!
I made this and took it to a St Patrick's day party. Other people brought their own corned beef n cabbage but everyone asked me how I made mine. It was great and very easy to make.
I used the apple juice and also apple cider. Enough to cover the corned bveef. It turned out wonderful. It was so tender it just about fell apart.
This recipe had good flavor but I would wait to add the cabbage next time until about an hour before serving. Cooking it all day in the slow cooker made it kind of mushy. I like mine cooked a little less. I also added peeled carrots and would add those later next time too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >