Tender Cloverleaf Rolls
Tender and tasty, these rolls have been a favorite among our friends and family for more than 23 years. I'm the official holiday baker for our clan, so I bake dozens of these come Christmas.
30 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Beat in milk, sugar, egg,
- shortening and salt and 2 cups of flour until smooth. Stir in enough
- remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface;
- knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a
- greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a
- warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Roll into
- 90 balls; place three balls each in greased muffin cups. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375° for 12-14
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.