Tender Cloverleaf Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Beat in milk, sugar, egg, shortening and salt and 2 cups of flour until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Roll into 90 balls; place three balls each in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 122 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Tender Cloverleaf Rolls
"Easy to make, light & tender. Make these a family holiday tradition at your house ~!"