"This tender bread is delicious along and even better spread with cream cheese or butter," writes Debbie Purdue from her Freeland, Michigan kitchen. "It tastes like you spent a lot of time fussing , but it's made with convenient refrigerated biscuits."
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Separate biscuits; flatten slightly. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of nut mixture on one side of each biscuit; fold other side over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Forming five rows, arrange biscuits folded side down in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Spoon remaining nut mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm bread. Cut into slices or pull apart. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Nut Loaf in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p54
Reviews for Tender Cinnamon Nut Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review