Tender Chicken Pockets Recipe
I wanted to make lunches more interesting, so I created this recipe that's now a favorite of ours. Try it with a fruit salad on the side. —Beth Woodard, Jamestown, North Carolina.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, water and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Spread mustard and mayonnaise if desired on the inside of each pita half. Fill with lettuce, cucumber, chicken and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 396 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Tender Chicken Pockets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC