Tender Chicken Pockets Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, water and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Spread mustard and mayonnaise if desired on the inside of each pita half. Fill with lettuce, cucumber, chicken and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
2 pita halves (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without mayonnaise) equals 396 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.