"I wanted to make weekend lunches more interesting, so I created this recipe that's now a favorite of ours," jots Beth Woodard in Jamestown, North Carolina. "Try it with a fruit salad on the side."
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, water and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise if desired on the inside of each pita half. Fill with lettuce, cucumber, chicken and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tender Chicken Pockets in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tender Chicken Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review